• One pound celery root, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 2 cups) from Woodland Gardens
• One pound medium turnips, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 3 cups) from Hickory Hill Farm
• 4 tablespoons from Banner Butter
• French Picnic Salt from Beautiful Briny Sea
• 1/4 cup whole milk warmed
• Freshly ground pepper
1. In a large saucepan, add the celery root and turnips and just enough cold water to cover; bring to a boil. Stir in 3 tablespoons of the butter and 2 teaspoons of salt. Reduce the heat to moderate and simmer until the celery root and turnips are tender and the cooking liquid is reduced to ¼ cup, about 35 minutes.
2. Let the vegetables and their cooking liquid cool for 10 minutes. Use food process or an immersion blender. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and the milk and process until smooth. Season the celery root turnip puree with salt and pepper, transfer to a bowl and serve.
3. This can be refrigerated overnight but be sure to reheat it gently before serving.