1 cup soy mash
3 egg yolks 1/2 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
1 quart canola oil
2 cloves garlic
1. Chop the garlic and place in a stainless bowl. Add the egg yolks, water and half the lemon juice.
2. Slowly add the oil until a thick aioli is achieved add the soy mash and remaining lemon juice and whisk well. Thin to desired consistency with the water and final season with salt to taste.
3. Assemble the sandwich on your favorite crusty bread and finish with sea salt.
5 heads fennel
1 quart water
1 cup white wine vinegar
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup salt
2 garlic cloves smashed
2 sprigs thyme
1. Combine the water, vinegar, salt and spices and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat and allow to steep for 3 minutes.
2. Slice the cucumbers and fennel to desired thickness and pour the hot liquid over.
3. Allow to cool to room temp. and store for a day before using.
1 Riverview Farm Pork Middle
1/4 cup chopped garlic
1 tablespoon black pepper
3 tablespoon kosher salt
2 tablespoon fennel pollen
1 tablespoon ground fennel seeds
1. Remove the loin from the middle and any bones and excess fat. Lay the middle out flat and trim the skin removing a 2 inch strip from the belly side.
2. Season aggressively with the above spices and roll tightly. Tie with butcher twine and allow to sit for one day.
3. Smoke for 4-6 hours, at 275º or until an internal temperature of 160º is achieved. Cool overnight and remove the skin. Slice thinly for sandwiches.