• 2 bulbs kohlrabi from Hickory Hill Farm
• 4 carrots from Cedar Grove Farm
• 3 Tbsp. pecan oil from Oliver Farm
• 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
• 1 Tbsp. mustard from Doux South
• 1/2 tsp. French picnic salt blend from Beautiful Briny Sea
• Freshly ground black pepper to taste
• Add apples if you want!
1. Peel the kohlrabi, be sure to cut off all the tough outer peel of the kohlrabi. If you have a young, tender kohlrabi, you won't need to peel the bulb; otherwise, peel the rough skin.
2. In a salad bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, and salt until well blended. Add pepper, if you like.
3. Using the large holes on a standing grater or a mandoline set up for fine julienne, grate the kohlrabi and the carrots and apples into the salad bowl. Toss everything together until the kohlrabi and carrot are evenly coated with the dressing. Taste and add more salt or pepper, if you'd like.