4 bone-in pork chops from Riverview Farms
Olive oil for brushing, plus 2 tsp.
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 peaches from Watsonia Farm, quartered and pitted
2 Tbs. maple syrup
2 to 3 tsp. good-quality balsamic vinegar
Small fresh Freedom Famers’ basil leaves for garnish
1. Remove the pork chops from the refrigerator and let stand for 30 minutes. Brush the chops very lightly with oil, and season liberally on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. In a bowl, combine the peaches, maple syrup and the 2 tsp. oil. Season with pepper and toss to coat evenly. Set aside.
3. Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill, or preheat a cast-iron grill pan on the stovetop over medium-high heat. Place the chops on the grill rack over the hottest part of the fire or in the grill pan and cook until golden, about 2 minutes. Move the chops to a cooler part of the grill or reduce the heat and cook until the pork is firm and cooked through but not dry, 3 to 4 minutes more per side.
4. Place the peaches over direct heat and sear, turning with tongs, until the cut sides are golden, 30 to 60 seconds total.
5. Transfer the chops and peaches to a platter and drizzle sparingly with the vinegar. Garnish with basil leaves and serve immediately.
Include a side of green beans to top of this magnificent, Freedom Farmers Market meal!